Wednesday, December 30, 2015

If I Listen With My Heart

This is such a beautiful song. I think it's one of my new favorites.
You may have your own plans for teaching this song. That is what's so wonderful about personal revelation and listening with 'your' heart. Before I came up with my plan, I did a lot of research plus a lot of prayer went into it too. I may even make changes before I actually teach it. Thanks to all those who shared their ideas for this and other songs.  
It ALL helps in one way or other! 
I like to take a little from here and a little from there, tweak this and make up that, then roll it all together and make it fit me.
 Let the spirit guide you and do what's best for your Primary.
 Here's how I plan to teach it.
I loved this painting by Del Parsons. I think it goes so well with the first verse of the song. I have a large framed version of it that I want to show the kids as I introduce this song.
Click HERE for a copy of my lesson plan.

Click HERE for the 'heart child' (girl and boy, with 2 sizes).

Click HERE for a flip chart to If I Listen With My Heart.

I hope I have helped in some way for you to 'listen to your heart in finding YOUR way to teach this beautiful song.

9 comments:

  1. This is great! We need more of this kind of teaching, I think. Games are fun, but there's such a think as too elaborate. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great lesson plan! And thanks for sharing all your creations. I just downloaded everything! Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful! I love everything about it. Your presentation, the spirit of the message, the way you involve the kids in learning. Thank you for writing it all down and sharing. It's exactly what I was thinking and feeling in my heart about what I would have wanted to share about it, without being so organized as to have written it all out. Thank you for the heart children. They are cuter than the plain hearts I was going to use.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you very much. I appreciate the spirit this was approached with.

    ReplyDelete
  5. P.S. I also love the artwork you chose for the flip chart. Reverent feelings attached to them...helps keep the focus directly on the Savior.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing your inspiration and talents with me. Can't wait to teach this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so very much. Your writing and prayers will touch my children today.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for sharing your time and talents. I could not have come up with the beautiful pictures on my own. Thank you also for inviting the spirit into the children's hearts.

    ReplyDelete